9/27/10

It's been a while since I've had a nightmare...

I had a nightmare last night. I had forgotten how joyously fun those are (Sarcasm doesn't translate well online, does it? ). It was rather strange, and got me thinking a bit.

The scary part wasn't very long (is it ever?), but was enough to make me flail around in bed and yell in my sleep (according to my wife). I was at my grandparents house, more specifically in their kitchen. I noticed through their bedroom doorway that something was running back and forth. It turns out it was a small toddler, although if I remember right, it was red. Before I knew it, I was holding it in my hands, and it was trying to bite me. I think this is when I realized it was a demon in baby form. Somehow it got away, and went back to the bedroom. I went after it, only to see it disappear into the bed... only this time, it was silver/ grey. This is when I started yelling... I was trying to provoke it out so I could finish it. I remember my "scream" being very weak and faint, but it was enough to draw the demon-baby out. This time though, the daddy demon stuck his head out sharing words of encouragement to junior. As soon as baby appeared, I wrapped my hands around it's neck, and proceeded to start bashing it's head against the dresser drawer- thus the flailing about in bed. I remember the bashing doing very little to no damage whatsoever before Karen woke me up. I was all shaky and whatnot. It's been quite some time since I've had a nightmare, and I don't miss it. When I was growing up, my nightmares would literally give me a choice at a certain point... it looked as though I was a third party, looking in on a scene of a movie, albeit very dimly lit. I always had 10 seconds to choose whether I wanted to continue or if I wanted to wake up. Naturally, I'd wake up most, if not all the time. I never understood how or why that happened, but I'm glad it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment